Thursday, November 7, 2013

Setting Yourself up for Sabbath

Okay, it's Thursday...so how am I going to set my self up for my weekend Sabbath day?
Yes I said weekend.  I have been trying to claim Sunday as Sabbath and have found that I inevitably have something scheduled, so I have declared that 1 day of the weekend will be Sabbath, which I think will work for us for the present.  I'll let you know how it works!

  • 1.  Check the Calendar:  Friday open, Sat teach yoga, do art with friends with friends, 5:00  work/church. Sunday work/church... check
  • 2.  Make the decision what constitutes an Okay Sabbath activity for you and your family. Yoga, paining church...all good...check
  • 3.  Make a menu plan for the day: Ham dinner...check
  • 4.  Make a shopping list to make sure I have supplies:  Bakers, salad mix, asparagus...check
  • 5.  Choose a focus or discipline for the day:  "Jesus is Calling" devotional...check


I'll let you know if the best laid plans actually come to fruition

1 comment:

  1. Went with Sunday! It was a joyful day of mayhem. Taylor was home from college, all the kids came over for dinner (choice of 2 soups I had prepared the day before) started to knit a scarf, and I realized "Sabbath" though it means rest...happy activity if it is a change of pace can be equally refreshing!

    ReplyDelete