Wednesday, April 2, 2014


I rise in anticipation of greeting you God, and I walk with your presence in mind, but the day races relentlessly towards me, and the time gets harder to find. The relationship I seek and long for, seems to traitorously slip away, while duties, obligations and labor, begin to fill up my day.

So noontime I think, will be time to pause, to commune with the Savior I love, and then lunch comes, and it goes, and I still haven't paused to worship the Almighty above. As evening approaches and the sun sets in the sky, and the quiet of night settles in, I think the end of the day will open the way to let my prayer time begin.

Then my head hits the pillow in exhaustion once more, I feel drained yet fitfully sleep, both body and soul deficient somehow because of the meeting I failed to keep.

You have given us a gift of Sabbath Rest, a gift I repeatedly choose to ignore. Yet when I seek your face, and dwell in you my life is so much more. You offer us time and grace and love, a respite from life's demanding drive.  So let me absorb the refreshment of Sabbath, so I may truly thrive.



No comments:

Post a Comment