Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Sabbath Is SO Not A Wednesday!

As you know I continue to search for the perfect Sabbath time, and day, and setting, that's really going to work for multiple schedules.  So I may still not know when Sabbath is, but I do know for sure it's not a Wednesday.  In an effort to avoid being too graphic, let me just say that my day started with both dogs, YES BOTH, showing very colorful, and repeated,  signs of having round worm.  Sigh.  Good morning Wednesday.  Sick son, but luckily not so sick he couldn't come to work with me and read.  I lost the cover sheet of my morning presentation, so had to fake it with the scribbled version on my crumpled pink note paper.  Then my actual presentation had mysteriously reverted back to size 11 font.  It's not that I'm old or anything, but I'm just saying...size 11 font is no longer my best friend, when I'm trying to glance up and down for a presentation.

Because I go to Sem on Tuesdays and Thursdays Wednesdays is my long day (12 hours) so I am working on crazy projects and papers and people, oh my!  (Okay not ALL of the people are crazy but just enough of them to remind me this is NOT the day of rest, or sanity :)

But even in the midst of this wacky Wednesday I know I have Wednesday Night Worship at the close of the day.  45 minutes of Sabbath to call my own.  Every week I am torn between reveling in the amazing worship experience and feeling heartbroken for those who couldn't attend.

Anyway the moral of this Sabbath tale is this:  Try to find even a moment of Sabbath in each and every day.  Eek it out wherever you can.

Be Blessed, with Rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment