Monday, November 18, 2013

Sabbath...and how it went bad

Sunday afternoon has  worked pretty well as Sabbath so far.  I work in the morning but then can call the rest of the day mine, most of the time.  This week I invited the kids over for dinner. I put a pork roast (It's a Christian Sabbath so the pork roast was fine I tell ya... fine!) in the crock pot, had steam-able bags of broccoli and an easy rice dish...  Thankfully "Sabbath" is NOT reliant on food.  The roast was boring, the Broccoli was frozen in the middle (even though I cooked it the recommended amount of time) and the rice was gummy....sigh.  It was seriously the worse meal I have prepared, maybe ever!  Luckily we ended the night with a rollicking game of  "Name 5", I did a little yoga and a devotion out of "Jesus is Calling."  I'm not sure that I'm doing anything so differently, except that in claiming that time as Sabbath, I am aware of slowing down, of reconnecting and filling my hours more purposefully.

A WAY BETTER Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin Recipe:

Balsamic Pork Tenderloin Recipe

Print
Prep time
Cook time
Total time
Balsamic Pork Tenderloin that just melts in your mouth! This slow cooker balsamic pork tenderloin recipe is perfect for those busy weeknight supper or even special occasions!
Author: 
Serves: 6-8
Ingredients
  • 1 2-3 pound boneless pork tenderloin
  • 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
  • ½ cup balsamic vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 tablespoon soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
  • 2 cloves garlic, chopped
Instructions
  1. Place pork tenderloin into the insert of your slow cooker. In a 2-cup measuring cup, mix together all remaining ingredients. Pour over pork and set the timer for your slow cooker. (4 hours on High or 6-8 hours on Low)
  2. Once pork tenderloin has cooked, remove from slow cooker with tongs into a serving dish. Break apart lightly with two forks and then ladle about ¼ – ½ cup of gravy over pork tenderloin.
  3. Store remaining gravy in an airtight container in the refrigerator for another use.

No comments:

Post a Comment