Wednesday, March 5, 2014

I'm Sooooooooooooooo So Tired

Jennifer Lawrence, who is always a good time, was on David Letterman a while back.  She is a young lady that everyone seems to like and truly amuses Mr. Letterman.  She was working on one of the Hunger Games movies, and American Hustle.  Doing promo tours and parties, and premieres etc.  I know rough life right!

But in the charming way that she has, she just kept saying, "I'm so tired!  Soooooo, so tired!"  As I was watching I thought, "Oh honey, you can't say that!"  People don't want tired, they want perky, and peppy, and funny, and grateful. You have a dream job and people don't want to hear how tired you are.

She was able to pull it off with out any repercussions.  I think because it is not her normal state of being, and she was able to touch on something we are all feeling.  It made me think about how we as a society are under a lot of pressure to NOT be tired.  It isn't the American way.  It isn't acceptable, and yet studies show we are all really, really tired.  See the links below


So why don't we go to bed?  And when we are in bed, why don't we sleep better.  There are lots of sites with suggestions on how to sleep better (that could be my next blog....my big fat sleep experiment!)

There's a controversial Cadillac commercial that's out right now.  One of the parts that bothers me is this man's seeming disdain for taking extended time off.   We have begun to refer to it as the "anti-Sabbath" commercial.

So my goal is to be eloquent and give some useful tips on this blog, but today I just wanted to bring you with me as I notice what we're doing to ourselves.  I see that we are not only ignoring Sabbath, but glorifying that ignorance.  

Try to carve out some Sabbath time this week.  Take a day, and declare it a day of rest.  I promise you will do better work, than if you ignore this gift of Sabbath which we have been given!





No comments:

Post a Comment